How To Customize The Market Data Graphs
Creating the graphs as shown in the SAMPLE involves 3 steps main steps.
Step 1: Copy the spreadsheet to your Google Drive.
Step 2: Generate a Market Report for a specific town.
Step 3: Copy and paste the data from the Market Report into your saved copy of the spreadsheet.
Upon completion of step 3, all charts will automatically populate as well as update any charts published to the web.
You can create as many copies of the entire spreadsheet or individual sheets as you want. This way you can create charts for multiple towns.
We are using the Keller Williams Market Report for creating the charts. This is a free service provided by KW and is available all agents. The Keller Williams Market Report is powered by Terradatum which pulls data from the GSMLS each month.
1) Go to the spreadsheet template on Google Drive.
2) Make a copy and use your copy moving forward. You will want to name it something like "Westfield Market Graphs".
3) Go to the Keller Williams Report.
4) Enter your GSMLS ID then generate a report for a single town.
5) Click the report name. This will open the report in a new window.
6) Highlight the data in the "Units Sold" chart exactly as shown in image 6. Be sure to start highlighting just before the "U" and continue down an extra row under the last line.
7) Copy the text using your keyboard. For a Mac: Command+C, for PC: Control+C.
(Learn how to Copy and Paste.)
8) Go to your saved spreadsheet and paste the copied text into the cell highlighted in Image 7 below. This will populate the charts with the new data.
9) Go back to the report and copy the "Year on Year" data. Highlight the data exactly as shown in Image 8 below. Be sure to start copying just before the "Y" and end just after the "%" but no further. It won't work if you copy anything after the % symbol.
10) Go to your saved spreadsheet again and paste the copied text into the cell highlighted in Image 9 below. This will populate the charts with the new data.
The completes updating or creating new charts. Charts can be updated monthly.
Sharing and Printing
All google charts can be saved as images for printing, published to the web as a single page website or embedded into any web page as well as share on facebook and other social media sites.
Click on a chart and a dropdown arrow will appear. Select the dropdown arrow to see publishing and sharing options.
When charts are published to the web, they are interactive meaning the viewer can click on the chart and see more information as in Image 11 or this Example.
Also, once they are published, any updates made to the spreadsheet will automatically update all published graphs. This is great because you can embed the charts in many places and they will all be update once the data in the spreadsheet is changed or updated.